Many of you will have spotted that it’s Liebster Awards season again. I am flattered to say that Edwin King of the ‘Thoughts of a Depressive Diplomatist’ blog has had the good sense to take time out to demonstrate his impeccable taste and nominate good old Happy Valley. Well, who can argue?
Although there’s a broad consistency in the ‘rules’ of the award, it’s apparent that, over time, someone has buggered about with them. I can only assume the culprits were wargamers who simply can't resist tweaking rules of any sort. The 'official rules' can be found here, but, in the true spirit of the blogosphere, I'm going to ignore some of them and stick to those elements that appeal to me most/require least effort. So, here we go!
Thank and Link to the Nominator
Answer Questions about Yourself:
- How would you describe your blog?
- Why did you start blogging?
- How do you relax (if it's not blogging)?
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
- Who inspires/has inspired you the most?
- Why is a raven like a writing desk?
- 'Star Trek' or 'Star Wars'?
- What was the last book you read and the last you bought?
- Who is your favourite fictional character?
- Which historical event would you like to visit?
This is a bit of a tough one because there are some excellent blogs out there. The principle aim of the Liebster scheme is to promote blogs and raise their profile. It seems churlish to limit the list to up to a dozen. However, I’ll stick to Edwin’s benchmark and go for those with less than 300 followers (and hope nobody’s beaten me to it). A couple are not too far off the mark, but I think they’re worth seeing. I've avoided those I know to have been nominated already this year and also those which belong to companies or manufacturers.