My, it's that time of year again.

-->
 
As I wait for the iron to warm up, I thought I’d take the opportunity to wish all my readers a Happy New Year! I hope you both have a much better year than this one/the least one (depends when you read this) and you don’t have to settle for what you deserve.

I had intended to get another, proper post in before the turn of the year, but that ironing isn’t going to do itself (nor will anyone else do it for that matter!). I thought about doing a review of 2013 – no I didn’t, just kidding. There will be thousands of people reminiscing for the next few days, so why should I recount everything I’ve made a mess of (again)? Although, in fairness, it wasn’t such a bad year: only one death, but I suppose there’s time yet. AND for 2014 I’m not going to mention the World Cup or the Scottish Referendum either because there’ll be lots and lots of people posting about those. Oh yeah, I forgot the Winter Olympics, but nobody watches those anyway.

So, I’ll end on a joke I just heard from an old matelot:

 “I must be ill - I thought I saw a sausage fly past my window, but it was actually a seabird. I think I've taken a tern for the wurst.”

Comments

  1. That was fecking awful, have a good 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh!!!! Oh dear, please don't tell us anymore jokes like that, your beginning to sound like the happy oishman!! Have a great 2014 Gary!!
    Did you send me a Christmas card?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I accumulate addresses so send people a card (you won that book). It's because I have no friends.

      Delete
    2. I thought it was you, poor chap!

      Delete
  3. Y'know, the only trouble with New Year's Eve when there's only you and your wife there is that you can't have a good old sing song. She's a lovely singer,, but she doesn't know the words . . . (well, the navy ones anyway) :O(

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy new year to you and yours, with lots of good gaming.

    MP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment