Broke my duck and went to my first show of the year yesterday - Hammerhead at Kelham hall. I was there at bob on 10 of the clock and waited for Frank, but no sign, so went in and had a quick shufty, finally bumping in to him at half past; lazy git!
- A show you could do with giving a miss if you're a thoroughbred wargamer, except that there are some traders there you don't normally see. That was a concession to Tardis cos he's into fantasy and spaceships and the like.
- Not all that many punters and few of them seemed intent on spending too much. There were a couple or three disabled people who at least had a chance to have a good look around at stuff, so it was fair do's for them (for a change).
- Bar staff were quite attractive.
- The bacon rolls were well loaded, but the 'cups' of tea are still a joke.
- They actually had bouncers! Real ersatz roughie-toughies in blazers. What sort of thing could kick off at a bloody bisexual wargame/fantasysite/spaced out deviant show? Harsh words and shopping lists on the green?
I'm sure you feel all the better for reading that.
And today's toy is:
A soviet Commisar.